Saturday, December 16, 2006

Booze and Music. What Else?

OK, got some business to attend to first:

Beer one:




















I was told it's like Newcastle. That is correct. So if you like Newcastle, or you're in college, try it.
It's like a Hooters girl: cute, but once the novelty wears off, you don't get much back from it. (Although sex with a Hooters girl is probably better than with this bottle.)

Beer two: I was looking for Diablo, or something like that that I had at Kevin's which was good. I settled for Lucifer, 'cause you know, the whole devil thing.





















Good. A little light, kind of refreshing, got me buzzed.

Then moved on to Tripel Karmeliet.





















This one's better. More complex. Worth a go. Lucifer, whatever. This one, worth it. The danger with these beers - and any that come in a bottle with a cork - is that they're bound to be compared with Chimay. And the sad fact is, Chimay will always win. So if you're debating on where to put those eight bucks, don't hesitate, loiter, or vascillate, buy Chimay (Blue).

I've also discovered that I like Bloody Marys. It's a process, but that's ok. I need them with everything here.






That's right, six ingredients: Vodka (Vox in this case (c'est magnifique)), Mr. T's Bold n' Spicy Mix, Chalula (not Tobasco), Worcestershire Sauce (not A-1), Olives (not celery), and that thing that looks like a branch is a root: freshly ground horseradish, and plenty of it. This drink is sure to please anyone that wants to drink a steak or is hungover.









On to tomorrow's gigs: PJ's Abbey 11-2pm with Mark Massey. Fun and informative. Then straight to Beverly Hills to be a Minstrel Cycle (that pun is courtesy Kevin Lee). I've been cramming 15 Christmas tunes into my noggin, trying to be a responsible bassist. Feels good to practice, but 15 are a lot for anyone, especially me. Usually it takes me a week for a tune, and then I have to play it every week for 3 months. We'll see how it goes. No reading, walking up and down Rodeo Dr. I'll try to take pictures of the rich people: "Get out, Richers!" "Beat it Cash-Chuckers!"

Until next time, Ho Ho Ho.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Yo, sorry I didn't call on Friday. I was on and off for sleep all day after the search party.

I'm ready for one of those Ryan Rost-style Bloody Mary's, dude. Shit looks delicious this morning.

KPL said...

Always meant to try Tripel Karmeliet. Just never got off my ass to do it . . .drinking is exhausting.

I have tried to drink bloody marys over the years, but just can't do it. That tomato base just makes me nauseous after about 4 sips. I mean they taste great . . .there is just something wrong about them.

You should stuff those olives with blue cheese. Fucking Disgusting.