Monday, October 23, 2006

Is That Me?

Just had the sweetest sub gig ever. Gardena High, AP English, periods 3,4, and 5 only, and the teacher was on campus. And he just wanted me to show a movie! School is not done yet, but I am. I'll try to sneak out a little early, maybe give the filipina lady in the office a little wink and a pat on the tushy to seal the deal.

The house is going well (I think). I haven't been so damn exhausted in years, but Pops came over last weekend and he and Jess' dad framed a room, installed windows and doors and sheeted, tarred, and sided the mofo... remember, all in two days!

I did go somewhere I had never been before: the public dump. I had several mounds of shit in my front and back yards that needed removal. Here's an abbreviated list of things I consider shit from my yard:

Suspended ceiling, carpet that smells like dog piss, padding that smells like dog piss, carpet with dog hair all over it, goddamn tree stump that took me 2 hours to dig up, plastic/aluminum windows that look like they were bought at a flea market in Calcutta, iron gate, cement chunks, etc.

So I rented a small U-Haul trailer for 10 bucks and with my dad's pickup, loaded up and hauled two half-ton loads of rubbish to the dump in Stanton (where else?) in which there were several neet things. Piles of garbage. An enormous monstrosity of a bulldozer (wheels as tall as I). And a very interesting smell. Not just manure, not just dumpster, but both in there. After I left, I had spent 60 clams to throw stuff away. Compared to $95 to rent a dumpster for a day, or $380 for a roll-off, I'd say it was a good buy.

Well, it's time to see if they'll let me go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"maybe give the filipina lady in the office a little wink and a pat on the tushy to seal the deal."

I read this shit two minutes ago, and the word "tushy" has me cracking up every time I think about it.

"Mr. Rost" said...

Glad I could help.

Note: Edit "neet" to "neat." Thanks