Thursday, October 19, 2006

Space Invaders

My future in-laws have arrived. For all those reading this who aren't Kevin and Jeff, my fiance's parents are from MinneCanada and are great human beings. So in their altruism they decided to drive out and live with us (!) for about 2 months (!!), and help remodel/redecorate the new digs.

Watching Jess' dad is like looking at a paint can shaker machine thing: you can't focus on it, all you know is that it's moving. So it's a bit hard to keep up, but, it is now day 4 and we have an entire bedroom that has no carpet/padding, no ceiling, just studs and insulation. We also have a garage full of sinks and toilets and sheetrock and wood and on and on.

So here's the bad news: I want to learn how to do all this shit, and I won't because Jess' dad will do it himself.

Here's the good news, we'll have a pretty sweet little hut when they're done, and Jess' dad will do it himself.

Up on the agenda: two bathrooms completely replumbed and remodeled, aforementioned room re-walled, windowed, ceilinged, etc. I wish I had a decent digital camera. I'll see what I can do.

Overall, I think this will be quite an amazing couple months, but perhaps I should wait a few weeks to make that decision.

2 comments:

KPL said...

You should get wasted and walk around the house complaining how messy the place is, and how Jessica never cleans up after herself, and should mumble shit like, "Bastard won't even show me how to fix this shit." Never look any of them in the eye. Always wear shorts and flip flops and kind of stumble around with your head down.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Canadians by nature are pretty nice. Maybe you just need to get some LaBatt Blue and talk about his childhood dreams of ice-fishing and maybe one day becoming a Mountie.