Friday, October 13, 2006

Talk About A Set Of Bookends

Well, this week has certainly been "eventful" for me. Monday was my big appearance on the Ellen Degeneres Show, which - if you saw it - allows me about 14 minutes and 57 seconds of fame left.

Tonight, I'm subbing for my good friend Luther Hughes, and playing behind the one and only, John Davidson. If you're asking yourself "who the hell is John Davidson," then you obviously never watched game shows in the 80's. Not stupid shows like Joker's Wild, good shows like $100,000 pyramid, and Hollywood Sqares, and a little show called That's Incredible!

Mr. Davidson has always sung some, and acted, and did Broadway, and tonight I'll have the pleasure of playing bass for him.

How's the music? Check out www.johndavidson.com to find out. I like it, but I like everything.

Man oh man, I don't know, girls and boys, if things keep on like this, I might be playing for the Grammys in no time!

In all honesty, it'll be very exciting to meet someone who has been in the business for so long, and who I always watched and liked as a kid. Who would've thunk it? I love my job!

1 comment:

KPL said...

If you ever play at the Grammys, and the get interviewed would you please recite this for me?:

"Your boy back in the building, Brooklyn we back on the map
Me and my beautiful beeeeeeeitch in the back of that 'Bach
I'm the realest that run it, I just happen to rap
I ain't gotta clap at 'em, niggaz scared of that black
I drop that +Black, Album+ then I back, out it
As the best rapper alive nigga ask about me
From Bricks to Billboards, from grams to Grammys
The O's to opposite, Orphan Annie
You gotta pardon Jay, for sellin out the Garden in a day
I'm like a young Marvin in his hey'
I'm a hustler homey, you a customer crony
Got some, dirt on my shoulder, could you brush it off for me?"