Monday, October 30, 2006

Jones and Bryant = Good Eats

As hoped, the house is coming along nicely. I've noticed a bit of a trend, though. As each project nears completion, the overall mood of the house improves... until something breaks, then we bought a piece of shit. Take this last week, Friday was okay, Saturday went okay, Saturday night our washing machine broke and flooded the garage (no gear was harmed, thank Jeesus!). Saturday night we had a piece of shit house, everyone was frustrated. Sunday, my pops came over to tape and mud the drywall that was installed Saturday, and the room finally looked like it was going to be damn close to done. Sunday night, we had what will become a really cute house again.

It's a roller coaster of emotions over here at the Rost house (!) but worth it for me. As for Jess' dad... he'll probably not want to have anything to do with Southern California after this.

In other news, I played a fantastic gig with Mark Massey on Saturday. Duet at a restaurant with a great vibe, and people wound up listening and complimenting and tipping! That rarely happens in a restaurant. And, AND! I had my very first Kobe burger. Let me tell you boys and girls, the difference is like smelling a rose and smelling vomit. I mean, it might have even been worth the $16 price tag (which we didn't have to pay).

Well, that about does her. Wraps the whole thing up. I was sorry to see Donnie go, but at least there's comfort in knowing there's a little Lebowski on the way. I guess that's how the whole human comedy keeps perpetuating itself...

4 comments:

KPL said...

Did you take a break after the second to last paragraph, shot up, then went to write the last paragraph?

By the way, in the end, it only matters what you and Jess think about the house. And, overall, I bet you are both thinking, "cool, we have a house."

"Mr. Rost" said...

True. And no, you need to sit down and study the Big Lebowski you damn eedgit.

KPL said...

I don't go to school anymore.

Anonymous said...

Get back to work you lazy ass!