Thursday, November 02, 2006

Drop Your Pants!

Another day at the mill. Substituted again, this time at the old stamping grounds. Easy day, little 6th grade shits that were pretty cool. This gig drop-off really sucks, I hate subbing all the time. I mean, 3 days a week of actual work really gets to you.

Here's a rant: my fiance (her birthday is tomorrow) tells me, "Do whatever you got to do, but take me out for my birthday." I get it, in-laws, remodel, no "us" time. Then today she leaves me a message, "Why don't you spend all your money and take me to Orange Hill?" Maybe she doesn't know I already bought her a damn smokin' gift, maybe she's half-joking, maybe she's being a royal pain in my ass. Maybe I'll take her out to cheap pho 'cause I like it, then park the truck in back of a Home Depot and... well, my Dad might read this so I better not go into details. And yes, of course this is all talk. I'll be nice. We'll have a good time. I'll try to keep it in my pants (for a little while). We're not going to Orange Hill, though.

In other news, that fantastic gig I played last week with Mark Massey turned into another. How 'bout that? God bless this life. When things look grim, magic happens.

Strikes and gutters, hills and valleys. The Dude abides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your wife. Guess you're not coming over Friday night. You gay.

KPL said...

Yeah, don't try to act like a badass - we are your friends . . . we know you are just lazy.

Nonetheless, don't take her to Orange Hill. It's her birthday, she shouldn't get what she wants.